Yorkshire Hussars

Formed as volunteer cavalry during the French Revolutionary Wars. For the First World War they were re-trained as infantry to join the West Yorkshire Regiment fighting in France. At the end of the war they reverted back to their cavalry role, operating with horses. In 1939 they became an armoured unit, losing their horses for good, and in 1967 were reorganised, finally in 1971 becoming a squadron of the Queen's Own Yeomanry.

5 Item(s)

Set Ascending Direction

5 Item(s)

Set Ascending Direction